Stephanie Best had one of the “Best” Careers anyone could have in the sport of Softball.When you think of UCF Softball, one of the first people that comes up is Stephanie Best. Best help built UCF Softball program as being the first ever recruit to commit to UCF and help lead the program to the first ever NCAA Tournament appearance in 2005 winning the Atlantic Sun Tournament Championship. Best led the NCAA in Home Runs in with 26 in 2005. Best ended her career with 71 home runs which still ranks her in the top 20 all-time in college softball.
Best would go to play in the National Pro Fast pitch getting drafted in the fourth round of the NPF Draft by the New England Riptide in 2005. Best would play in the NPF from 2005-2008 with the highlight coming in 2007 winning the NPF drafted in the fourth round of the NPF Draft by the New England Riptide.
Best would go on to win the NPF Championship with the Washington Glory in 2007 playing with US Olympians Monica Abbott and Kelly Kretschman.
Stephanie Best spoke to Eric Lopez and Victor Anderson about many topics including the following:
- How did Stephanie Best came up with idea of Pro Swings?
- Being inducted into UCF Hall of Fame in 2015
- Playing with Monica Abbott winning NPF Championship in 2007
- Playing against Cat Osterman
- Seeing Shelby Turnier lead Chicago Bandits to NPF Championship this past summer.
- Comparing Allison Kime , Mackenzie Audas and Shelby Turnier.
- How Pro Swings made impact on developing players.
- Growth of UCF Softball program
- Growth of Softball popularity.
Pro Swings will hold Thanksgiving weekend camp.