On this edition of In the Circle, Eric Lopez and Victor Anderson talk to Lindsay Enders about starting a new softball program as Enders recently was named the Head Coach at Stratford University.
Enders is building the program from scratch as the Lady Blue Cardinals will begin play in the Spring of 2018 and will be members of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association.
Enders talks about what made her decide to go into coaching and what drew her to Stratford program.
Enders also discussed other topics including:
- Influence UCF Head Coach Renee Luers Gillispie had on Enders.
- What is Enders coaching philosophy in recruiting and coaching.
- How Enders ended up playing at UCF?
- Enders reflected on her UCF Career
- Playing with UCF Softball Hall of Famer Stephanie Best.
- On winning A-Sun Tournament MVP in 2005
- Who influenced Enders into playing Softball?
In her two years at UCF, Enders ranks in the top five in many pitching categories including innings pitched (484.0 innings), Games started (68 starts), Appearances (83), opponents batting average of .203, career ERA ( 1.74), career wins (46) , 15 shutouts (15), and career strikeouts (320).
Enders help lead UCF to A-Sun Tournament championship in Boca Raton in 2005 pitching both games in defeating the Troy Trojans in two games 2-1 and 3-1 to win the 2005 Atlantic Sun Tournament earning UCF’s 1st ever NCAA Tournament bid.